Feel like a tour pro…
In an exciting amateur golfing competition!
- Betterball (Pairs; Mens or Mixed)
- Stableford Scoring
- £35 Per Individual – £70 Per Pair
- Entry Deadline, by 18th April 2020
- First Round – Local draws at Home or Opponents Subsequent Rounds – Home or Opponents (this also gives you the chance to play at some great Clubs up and down the country)
- Up to 4 knockout matches during the summer months
- Winners of knockout matches qualify for National finals late September 2020
- Leaders of National Finals qualify for Grand Final in Turkey in November 2020
The Amatours Matchplay includes a Betterball (Pairs) and Individual stableford competition.
The playing format is Betterball or Individual matchplay, with stableford scoring, whereby the player who scores the lowest net score on a particular hole will win that hole. At the end of each match the winning team will progress to the next round and the losing team are eliminated from the competition.
Matches should begin at the start of May, with a maximum of five rounds played between May and September. After four rounds the winning pair in each region will qualify for their National Final in Cheshire at the end of September.
The top 6 pairs and 6 Individuals from the National Final qualify for the Grand Final in Belek, Turkey.
SO WHO CAN ENTER?
The Amatours Matchplay competition is open to male and female CONGU affiliated golfers in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. (NB Female competitors will be able to play in the mixed pairs competition only)
Players must have an official CONGU handicap issued by an affiliated golf club at the time of entry and play with a competition status. This should remain competition status for the duration of the competition.
Each comp must have played a minimum of 3 handicap qualifying competitions between 19th April 2019 and 18th April 2020.
Competitors must be at least 18 years of age by entry deadline, 18th April 2020.
The maximum permitted handicap is 20 for men and 30 for ladies.
ENTER NOW TO BE PART OF THE ACTION!